Friday, August 14, 2009

Racetrac - South Cobb Drive

My car decided to make me stop at Racetrac this morning when my gas light came on. I normally fill up and go whenever I'm at this Racetrac after I decided, many years ago, that it smelled like a used urinal cake inside the store. But, today, I was inspired to go in and check out their coffee options while my tank was filled. First off, the urinal cake smell was gone. THANK GOD. Moving on to the coffee, I was happy to see that there were MANY options for drip coffee and quite a few varieties of "cappuccinos" available. I also noticed an Ice Coffee machine off to one side. This looked VERY promising.
I decided to give the "Caramel Pecan" cappuccino a try, mostly because those two words easily reveal my non-Southern roots whenever I say them in Georgia. I pressed the button and got about a half-half mixture of liquid and powder. It smelled just like someone has spilled one of those tins of International Coffees into my cup. I swirled the liquid around enough to dissolve the powder and was pretty happy with the taste. WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too sweet to drink a whole cup of the stuff, but it seemed like it would be great mixed with some regular drip coffee. SCORE.
It is worth noting that they offered half & half, whole milk and some flavored liquid creamers at the "fixins" station. Also, there was a lazy susan loaded with various "flavor shots" like French Vanilla and Caramel. Plenty of sugar, sugar alternatives, lids, coffee cup protectors and stirs were also at my disposal. Not a bad deal for $1.09 as opposed to $4 at Starbucks.

Gas Station Banter:
NONE. It's early in the morning. No one is happy to talk to anyone else.

Additional notes:
I successfully steered clear of the breakfast baked goods. Phew. That was a close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment