Monday, August 24, 2009

Your lucky numbers are...

I've only managed to go into a gas station twice in the last 10 days but I did not eat anything. I was in it for the lotto! The Mega Millions has been ridiculously high and I like to surprise The Greg with a $1 attempt to win our millions. So far, we haven't hit ONE number. But, I did like what I saw at the RaceTrac on Delk Road. First, let me tell anyone who is driving through Atlanta on 75 and is in need of cheap gas, this is your place to stop. It nearly always has the lowest gas prices on 75 (north of the city, or outside the perimeter - OTP - as we say here).

Back to the surprises I found inside. WOW. They had so many sandwiches, salads and other snacks here that I will just have to try. I'm not REALLY excited about buying a refrigerated buffalo chicken finger sandwich for $.99. But, I kinda am. I'll have to throw that thing in the communal microwave in order to try it, but I think I'm up for the challenge. Plus, they had a little fruit and cheese tray for $2.99 and it was next to a small 4-pack of some TINY bottles of wine. I think this is a rather strange location to offer items that would essentially make a perfect offering at a concert at Chastain, but I'm eager to find the occasion that will allow me to give this a try.

Now, if only I could hit the real lotto instead of just the gas station gastronomy jackpot. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment